Whole Wheat Flour- 3 1/2 cups
Milk- 1/3 cup
Honey- 1/4 cup
Warm water- 1 cup
Salt- 1 1/4 tsp
Yoghurt- 1/4 cup
Dry yeast- 1 packet or 2 1/4 tsp
- In a large mixing bowl combine the warm water, salt, honey, yeast, yoghurt, milk and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough pulls away from the bowl.
- Knead the dough 6-8 min on a lightly floured surface until the dough becomes non sticky and soft.
- Let it rest in a bowl coated with oil for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or greased cling wrap.
- Once the dough has doubled in size take it out of the bowl and shape into a log.
- Place it in a greased loaf tin and cover loosely with a greased cling wrap for 30-mins or until risen about an inch.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Bake it for 40 min, cover the pan loosely with a foil after 20 min.
- Check if its done by thumping on the bottom of the bread, it should sound hollow.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice it and serve with your favorite spread.
These slices do not need anything to complement them.It is just so soft and delicious.And healthy too……….