Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1Tin
Milk -same amount as condensed milk.(I measured the milk in the same tin)
Cream cheese, softened -3 tbsp
Eggs – 5 large
Vanilla extract- 11/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Heat sugar in small non stick saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored. Quickly pour into bottom of the dish for the flan.
- Blend all the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Place the dish in a roasting pan on a kitchen towel
- Fill roasting pan with warm water up to half of the flan dish height.
- Bake for l hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- When you shake the pan you may feel the inner part is not set.It would further set on refrigeration.
- Remove flan from hot water; cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Run knife around rim; gently shake to loosen.
- Keep the serving dish on top of the flan dish and then Invert onto the serving dish.
- Cream cheese is optional in a flan recipe but this gives it a denser and more creamier texture.
- This can also prepared in a pressure cooker with the weight on.The flan dish should be tightly covered with a foil while cooking.Switch of the cooker when the first whistle is out.Open once all the steam is out.
- Most recipes uses evaporated milk instead of whole milk.I used what I had at that point of time.Anyway it wont make much a difference.