For the Pizza sauce:
Tomato- 4 medium size
Onion -1 small size
Garlic(chopped)- 3 cloves
Crushed red chillies-2-3 tsp
Tomato sauce-3 tbsp
- Place the onion in a pan with enough water to cover the whole onion and boil it for 6-8 mins.Remove the pan from heat and remove the onion.
- Now add the tomatoes into the same boiled water and let it sit for atleast 5 min.
- Then peel the skin of tomatoes which must be easier now.
- Now grind the onions and tomatoes into a fine paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic.When the raw smell goes off add in the ground paste.
- After a few seconds add in the other ingredients one by one.
- Adjust the salt and let it simmer until the sauce thickens.
For the grilled chicken:
Chicken shredded -250 gms
Barbeque sauce-3 tbsp (I used Nando’s Portugeuse BBQ marinade)
Yoghurt – 3tbsp
Garlic paste-1 tbsp
Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients for atleast an hour.
Instead of Barbeque sauce you can add other ingredients like pepper,crushed red chillies or any spices of your choice.
Then grill it until cooked and browned.
Alternately you can stir fry it in a pan with a Tbsp of oil.Cover and cook for a few minutes then put on high heat for the moisture to evaporate.
For the toppings:
Tomato-1 sliced (I roasted the tomatoes)
Mozzarella cheese grated- 1/2 C
Parmesan cheese grated-1/4 C
Roasted garlic-1 bulb(optional)
For the dough:
All purpose flour-3 C
Yeast-1 1/2 tsp
Salt-1 1/4 tsp
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Sugar- 2 tsp
Garlic powder-1/2 tsp
Water- 1 1/3 C
- Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dough with a wooden spoon until it forms into lump.
- Then transfer onto a floured surface and knead until it forms a soft, sticky dough.You may not require all the water or you may need more depending upon the flour you use.
- If the dough turns to be too sticky add in some flour and knead some more.If it is not sticky at all add in teaspoons of water and knead into a not so sticky but a sticky dough.
- Coat it with some oil and place it covered in a bowl in a warm place to rise atleast for an hour.
- Once it rises,punch the dough to release the air .
- Take a pizza pan and pour oil just enough to cover the surface of the pan.This gives a crusty thin outer layer with a moist chewy inner part.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Roll out the dough a little and place it at center of the pan and stretch it out slowly and gently.It may take a while as the dough is elastic.Prick the surface of the dough with a fork.Then place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 8 mins.
- Then Remove the dough from the pan, place it on a baking paper and start topping it.
- First apply a layer of pizza sauce,on that spread the chicken pieces along with the tomato slices and spread the roasted garlic.
- Finally spread the shredded mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese evenly.Brush the sides of the bread with olive oil.
- Now transfer the dough with the baking paper onto the tray inside the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 mins.When the cheese is melted completely and will be bubbling, the dough is likely to be cooked thoroughly.
The original recipe for the dough calls for 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder for which I took 1/2 tsp garlic powder as I did not have onion powder.
Recipe for the dough adapted from:http://www.jereme.com/