Potato (cubed) -3 small ones
Green Peas -1/4 C
Green Beans (Cut in small length)-1/4 C
Carrot (cubed) -1 medium
Masoor Dal: 1/4 C
Moong Dal:1/4 C
Toor Dal: 1/4 C
Chana Dal : 1/4 C
Onion (chopped): 1 large
Ginger: an inch piece
Turmeric powder:1/2 tsp
Coriander powder:1/2 tsp
Chilly powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
Besan flour: 2-3 tbsp
Bread crumbs-1/4 C
- Cook the vegetables.I cooked them on steam to reduce the moisture content because for cutlets or kababs we dont want the mix to be very loose.
- Pressure cook the dals.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions until translucent.
- Grind the ginger,garlic and green chillies into a paste.Add this to the onion and fry till the raw smell takes off.
- Next add in the spices and fry for a few more secs.
- Now add the cooked dal and let the water evaporate to get at thick mixture.
- Then add the cooked veggies and salt.
- Mash the dal and veggies while stirring.
- Now transfer the contents into a bowl and let it cool.
- Then add the besan flour and mix well.
- For cutlets you can proceed the way as you make ordinary cutlets.Making discs,dipping in the beaten egg ,then in the breadcrumbs and so on.It can be deep fried,baked or grilled.
- For the kebab add the breadcrumbs to the mix to make it more firmer.Then make balls out of it and then transfer on to a bamboo skewer working on to get an oval shape.
- Now brush it with beaten egg whites.Repeat for the remaining.
- Grill the skewers turning occasionally until it is lightly browned.