For the base:
For the Chicken:
Chicken Breast or Boneless Pieces:1/2 kg
Pepper: 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste: 2 tsp
For the Masala:
Onion (chopped):1 large
Ginger: a small piece
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Pepper :2 tsp
Bread crumbs: 2 C
Oil- 1 Tbsp
Yield: 30 medium size disc shaped cutlets
- Boil and mash the potatoes and carrot.
- Cook the chicken with the given ingredients.Once cooked,cool and shred it.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, fry the onion till translucent.
- Grind the garlic,ginger,curry leaves and greenchillies into paste.Add this into the fried onion.
- Then add in the pepper and salt.
- Fry for a few more seconds and then add in the shredded chicken.
- Once the masala has cooled enough to work with, mix it with the mashed potato-carrot mix. Adjust the salt.
- Beat an egg in a shallow bowl.In another shallow bowl spread the bread crumbs.Keep these aside.
- Now take medium sized balls from it and flatten it.
- Take each and dip in the egg and cover with bread crumbs.
- Bake on a tray lined with parchment paper in a 180°C preheated oven for about an hour flipping sides in between the baking.Bake until golden brown.Spraying or drizzling olive oil over the cutlets in between the baking process can prevent the cutlets from drying out.
- Alternatively these can be deep fried too….
I love my cutlets mild not very spicy so you wont find a large variety of spices added here.