Oats:1 1/2 C
Whole wheat flour:1 1/4 C
Dates (pitted and chopped): 1 C
Walnuts(chopped): 1/4 C
Almonds(crushed or powdered)-2 tbsp
Brown sugar:1/2 C
Baking Powder:1 tsp
Baking Soda:1 tsp
Vegetable oil: 3/4 C
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in the oats,dates,sugar and nuts.
- In another bowl, beat egg with oil and milk lightly.
- Add the egg mixture into the first bowl and mix all together very well with a fork.
- Drop the dough onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart with a spoon and flatten it.
- Then bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on racks.
Recipe courtesy with slight changes: http://www.mariasmenu.com/ (one of my most favourites…..)