This recipe leads to a silky smooth pudding which once tried,will be a regular favorite in the household as it is in our home.This is an easy one too.
Dark brown sugar- 1/2 C
Heavy cream- 1 1/2 C
Butter(unsalted)- 2 Tbsp
Vanilla extract-1 Tbsp
- Beat the egg,egg yolks and cornflour in a large heat proof bowl.
- Take brown sugar,salt and water in a saucepan. Boil for about 10 mins on medium heat until it caramelizes into darker brown colour and starts to smoke.
- Now slowly pour in the cream and milk stirring continuously and heat until it starts boiling.Remove from heat.
- Now take a cup of this hot cream and pour as a thin stream into the egg mix whisking continuously.
- Now pour this tempered egg+cream custard back into the remaining cream in the saucepan and place back onto heat. Boil and whisk continuously until the custard starts to thicken.Remove from heat while it starts to bubble up.Finally stir in the butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour this into individual serving cups through a sieve to strain cooked egg bits in the custard.
- Cool to room temperature,later chill in the refrigerator.
- While serving pour a layer of caramel sauce on top.