This is my mom’s unique way of making pasta.And this always have been our family’s all time favourite.You can use any kind of pasta for this recipe.Here I have used Whole Wheat Spaghetti.Here goes the recipe…..
Chicken boneless(cut into tiny strips)-250g
Onion(chopped)- 1 med
Garlic cloves (chopped)- 4
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Tomato paste-1 tbsp
Soy sauce-1/2 tbsp (optional)
Thick cream-2 tbsp
Cream cheese-3-4 tbsp
Butter/Olive oil-3 tbsp
Vegetables of your choice, I used
- Carrot (finely shredded) -3/4 C
- Beans (cut into small)-1/2 C
- Green peas (fresh)-1/4 C
- Take vessel large enough to cook the spaghetti and boil water in it.Once it starts boiling add salt and a tbsp of oil.Then add the spaghetti and cook stirring at intervals.
- Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil/butter.
- Saute the chopped garlic.When the raw smell goes add in the chopped onion.The garlic should not go brown.
- When the onions turn light brownish add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for few secs.
- Add the tomato paste,soy sauce,salt and pepper.
- Adjust the salt and add the chicken.Stir well so that the chicken is well coated with the sauce.Now close the lid and cook for a few minutes.As the chicken is cut into thin strips it will cook very soon.
- Once the chicken is done add all the veggies and cook till the veggies are tender.
- By now the spaghetti will be cooked, pour the whole lot into a colander and let it drain.
- Once the veggies are done with add in the cream and mix well.Check and adjust the salt.
- Now add the spaghetti into this prepared sauce and stir well until its well coated with the sauce.
- Finally add the cream cheese and ketchup and again mix very well.
- Serve hot.
Grated cheese or cheese cubes(softened to room temp) can also be used instead of cream cheese.
Do not keep the cooked pasta longer it can turn sticky.As soon as its drained add to the sauce.