Egg yolks(at room temp)- 6
Vanilla extract-1 tsp
Milk-2 1/2 C
Butter- 2 tbsp
Corn flour- 3 tbsp
All purpose flour-3 tbsp
- Sift the corn flour and flour.
- Beat the egg yolks,vanilla and sugar in a bowl until its whitish.Then add the sifted flour mixture and mix well.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan upto the boiling stage and remove from heat.
- Now pour the warmed milk into the beaten egg mixture little by little with the whisking continued till all the milk is done with.
- Now strain back the mixture into the same saucepan and return to the heat.
- Continue stirring from the bottom to the sides.It would start to thicken and when it starts bubbling,remove from the heat.
- Now stir in the butter and mix well.
- Then pour on to a shallow dish for cooling.Cover with a plastic wrap with the surface in contact to prevent skin forming.
- When cooled can be refrigerated.When ready to use stir until creamy again.For a looser and more creamier texture you can add heavy cream.
- This can be used as a filling or just as I do-a rich custard dessert.