For the Dough:
All Purpose flour/Maida : 3 C
Yeast : 1 Tbsp
Sugar : 1 Tbsp
Salt : 1 Tsp
Olive Oil: 2 Tbsp
Warm Water to knead
For the spread:
Garlic grated: 3 Tbsp
Parsley leaves (chopped): 3 Tbsp
Butter(salted) : 1 Tbsp
Olive oil: 4 Tbsp
Parmesan cheese grated: optional
- Knead the flour along with the other ingredients into a soft elastic dough about 5-6 mins.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for atleast an hour.
- Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the spread and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Take a baking pan and grease it with olive oil or butter.
- Now knead the risen dough for a few secs to release the air and divide it into four equal parts.
- Take one and roll it into a rectangle.
- Brush the spread onto the surface of the rolled rectangle.Springle some parmesan cheese over it.
- Then start rolling from one end and cut the roll into thin discs.
- Repeat this for the other three portions of the dough.
- Arrange the discs on the baking pan.Then brush some milk over the arranged discs.
- Finally spread the remaining garlic mix and sprinkle some parmesan cheese and sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 mins until golden brown.
Any herbs like cilantro aka coriander,thyme etc can also be used instead of parsley.
Dried herbs can also be used as substitutes for fresh ones.
All butter instead of olive oil in the spread can be used which will of course enhance the richness of taste.