Chicken (Cut into pieces): 500gms
Onion (sliced): 2 medium ones
Tomato: 1 large
Green chilles (slit): 2-3
Ginger-Garlic paste (fresh): 2 tbsp
Chilly powder: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder:1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds ground :1/2 tsp
Oil: 2 Tbsp
For Roasting and grinding:
Coconut shredded:1 C
Coriander seeds:1/2 tbsp
Dried Red Chillies: 2-3
Curry leaves: 1sprig
- Heat oil in a pan,saute the onion until translucent.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste,once the raw smell goes off add in the tomatoes and green chillies.
- Saute until mushy and add the masala powders.Fry till the oil starts separating.
- Add the chicken along with 1/2 C of water.Cook covered.
- If using a pressure cooker,cook until one whistle and then off the stove.
- In the meantime, take a nonstick pan and heat a teaspoon of oil.Then saute the shallots,once soft add the redchillies, coriander and the curry leaves.Stir for a few secs and add the coconut shreds.
- Roast on a medium flame continuously stirring until golden brown.
- Once cooled, grind into a smooth paste.
- Now add this ground paste into the cooked chicken and heat it.Once its about to simmer remove from heat because boiling can cause a curdled nature to the gravy.
- Serve hot with soft pathiri…