Have been thinking for a long time why not bake a cake in the microwave and see what the results be.And when I got the chance I took the mission in hands..Guess what it turned out to a super moist chewy cake.Not even a leftover crumb was found in the plate and people around the table still pleading for more………… So why not give your microwave a new task of baking other than mere warming or thawing.
All purpose flour (maida): 2 cups
Date pulp:1 cup
Baking powder:1 tsp
Vanilla essence:1 tsp
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs well.Blend in the date pulp and vanilla.
- Now mix the dry ingredients with the wet mix.And the batter is ready.
- Now take a microwave proof dish and lightly grease it.
- Pour in the batter.
- You can also decorate with nuts on top.I used cahewnuts here.
- Then bake it for about 7-8mins.You can see it rising.When a tooth pick or clean knife inserted in comes out clean its done.
See I told its an easy one made in a couple of minutes.So go ahead and try it for your next cup of tea……
- For the date pulp, I soaked the dates in water an hour before preparation deseeding it.Then blended it into a thick pulp.
- The baking time may vary with the oven depending upon its power so adjust accordingly checking often.
- This cake is more tastier after a day in the fridge.So you can prepare it when free and keep it for later consumption.(I swear you are going find an empty plate in your fridge then)
- The amount of sugar can be changed according to your preference for date pulp itself acts as a sweetener in the recipe.